The easiest way to stop dragging your toe when doing the high jump is to do the following.
- Keep your toes up when you are running.
- Focus on bouncing on the ball of your foot and your big toe.
- Imagine that you are stepping over a box or stepping over your ankles.
- Mentally visualize that you have a fast running turnover.
- The last 3 steps should see you accelerate so that you actually run and explode off the ground.
- Focus on jumping up (vertically)
- Focus on driving your knee drive vertically (up)
Practice this off your short and long run-ups.
Adjust as necessary.
Record yourself on video and tweak until you aren’t dragging your toe anymore.
Choose your high jump weakness!
- I am new to high jumping.
- I need high jump coaching.
- Need to improve my high jump take-off.
- I keep hitting the bar and I don’t know how to fix it.
What are your high jumping goals?
- I want to be the best high jumper at school?
- I want to be the best high jumper in my state?
- I want to be the best high jumper in my country!
What high jump spikes should you buy? Get one of these.
Want to improve your high jump?
Sign up to our newsletter and learn how to become a better high jumper in the next 90 days!